Friday, May 27, 2011

The Second Conditional Clause

The second conditional clause it's not based on reality. It expresses a hypothetical situation.
Examplos:
  •   I am poor. If I had a million of dollars, I would live in New York.  
  •   She is so ugly. I she were beautiful, she would get a boyfriend.

Estrutura:
If +  past +  would/could + infinitive (without to)

Observation:
The verbs in the conditional clause are all in the past, however,  “were” is used to all subjects.

A great song to practice the second conditional clause is "If I were a boy" 

According to the lyrics answer the questions below:
  • In the song Beyoncé tell if she were a boy she would do what the boys do. In her opinion what do they do?
  • Do you agree with her?
  • What would you do if you were a boy or a girl?





No comments: