Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Activity to Practice the Simple PastTense

Complete Celine’s Biography with the missing verbs in parenthesis.

Her full name is Céline Marie Claudette Dion.
She __________(be) born  in Quebec, Canada, on March 30, 1968.
She __________(grow) in rural Canada.
 Her parents __________(be) musicians.
Celine Dione __________(begin) singing when she was 5 years old.
Celine __________(write) her first song when she __________(be) 12 years old.
 She __________(become) famous in the 80’s.
She __________(record) 11 albums in English and many Other in French.
Her latest album is called “Taking Chances (2007).

This song is called Because You Loved Me, and it’s in the 1996 album “Falling into You”.





Now listen to the song “Because you loved me” and fill in the gaps with the missing verbs in the simple past.


For all those times you ____________(stand) by me                     
For all the truth that you ____________(make) me see                                   
For all the joy you ____________(bring)  to my life 
For all the wrong that you ____________(maKe)  right 
For every dream you ____________(maKe)  come true 
For all the love I ____________(find) in you 
I'll be forever thankful baby 
You're the one who ____________(hold)  me up 
Never let me fall 
You're the one who ____________(see) me through through it all 

Chorus
You were my strength when I ____________(be)  weak 
You ____________(be)  my voice when I couldn't speak 
You ____________(be)  my eyes when I couldn't see 
You ____________(see)  best there was in me 
____________(lift)  me up when I couldn't reach 
You ____________(give)  me faith 'coz you believed 
I'm everything I am 
Because you loved me 

You ____________(give) me wings and made me fly 
You ____________(touch) my hand I could touch the sky 
I ____________(lose)  my faith, you gave it back to me 
You ____________(say)  no star was out of reach 
You ____________(stand)  by me and I ____________(stand)  tall 
I ____________(have) your love I had it all 
I'm grateful for each day you ____________(give) me 
Maybe I don't know that much 
But I know this much is true 
I was ____________(bless)  because I was loved by you 

You ____________(be) my strength when I ____________(be) weak 
You ____________(be) my voice when I couldn't speak 
You ____________(be)  my eyes when I couldn't see 
You ____________(see) the best there was in me 
____________(lift)  me up when I couldn't reach 
You ____________(give) me faith 'coz you believed 
I'm everything I am  because you loved me

You ____________(be) always there for me 
The tender wind that carried me 
A light in the dark shining your love into my life 
You've been my inspiration 
Through the lies you ____________(be)  the truth 
My world is a better place because of you 
Chorus
I'm everything I am 
Because you loved me
 
Because you loved me 

No comments: